***NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS***
What is Online Counseling?
Online counseling allows the therapist to conduct therapy with a client through means of a video chat or telephone call without ever having to visit the therapist's office. Because it affords greater anonymity to the client, online counseling can also be helpful in encouraging the client to self-disclose about difficult or sensitive issues. Online counseling services enable individuals to receive counseling without travel and wait times. Online counseling can be done from the comfort of your own home or office. Studies have shown that the benefits of online counseling are equivalent to in-person counseling. Prefer to see me in person but want to try a video session one week instead? We can do that.
What Equipment Do I Need For Online Counseling?
- Laptop/Desktop computer or mobile device (smartphone/tablet)
- Broadband internet connection
- Webcam (for PCs)
- There is no software to install. I will send you a link in an email that you will click on to launch our video chat session.
Who Can Benefit From Online Counseling?
- People with disabilities who lack mobility to physically attend face to face counseling sessions and are able to work a keyboard or assistive technology.
- Those who live in isolated areas or have no access to mental health therapists
- People who prefer to seek therapy outside of their community
- Clients who are caretakers and unable to attend therapy sessions outside of the home
- People who have varied work schedules and are unable to plan for appointments
- People with anxiety, coping skills, depression, life transitions, school issues, and self-esteem
- Persons who do not have access to direct public or private transportation services
- College Students
* Please note that online counseling is available for North Carolina residents only due to state licensing laws
How do I get started with Online Counseling?
I will send you a private link to Doxy.me. When you open the link, it will take you to our video session. You can use Doxy.me through a web browser (works best with Google Chrome) on your PC or through their iOS/Android app on your mobile device. Doxy.me is HIPAA compliant to ensure our sessions stay private and confidential. There is no software to install.
Our first session will be an assessment. Think of it as a mental health check up. I’ll ask lots of questions to get a good sense of who you are and how you might be helped. I’ll offer recommendations for treatment. They may be with me, or in cases where others would be a better fit, I promise to share that recommendation as well. The first session is not a commitment to therapy. You can choose to proceed or not. It is an opportunity to learn more about yourself and about the process. Each day is a new chance to invest in your best self.
If you are ready to learn more about online counseling, you may contact me by phone at 980-689-1794, email me at [email protected], or complete the contact form for a free online counseling consultation today.